- Aroon Purie, chairman, TV Today
- N P Singh, MD & CEO, Sony Pictures Networks and Director, Bangla Entertainment
- I Venkat, director, Eenadu
- Punit Goenka, MD and CEO, Zee Media Corp
- Punit Misra, CEO - domestic broadcast business, Zee Entertainment
- Rohit Gupta, president (Network Sales and International Business), Sony Pictures Networks
- Uday Shankar, president, The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific and chairman, Star and Disney India
- Megha Tata, managing director (South Asia), Discovery Communications India (Coopted Director)
- John Brittas, managing director and chief editor, Malayalam Communications Ltd (Coopted Director)
The Indian Broadcasting Foundation held its 21st annual general meeting (AGM) on 25 September during which it announced that K Madhavan, MD, Star and Disney India has been elected as president.
Madhavan takes over NP Singh, MD and CEO, Sony Pictures Networks. He joined Star in 2009 and took over as the MD this year.
Rajat Sharma, chairman, India TV; Siddharth Jain, MD (South Asia) Turner International; Rahul Joshi, MD, Viacom18 have been listed as vice presidents.
The treasurer is Shashi S Vempati, CEO, Prasar Bharati.
K Madhavan said, “It is my honour to lead IBF at a time when the Indian broadcasting sector is going through a tumultuous time, battling the pandemic and instability in the regulatory space. IBF has played an instrumental role in advocating the interests of the sector, and my predecessors have contributed immensely in evolving the foundation’s stature and purpose. I take on this role with a great sense of responsibility and commitment to champion the cause of the broadcasting sector.”
N.P Singh said, “I am pleased that someone of the caliber of K. Madhavan is taking over the reins and will lead the foundation. I welcome his selection wholeheartedly. His in-depth knowledge and insights into the sector will help guide the foundation members through these challenging times. I wish him the best in this new endeavor.”
The other directors on the board are:
Top news, insights and analysis every weekday
Sign up for Campaign Bulletins
1 day ago
Watch the film conceptualised by The Womb here