- Banking: Karthi Marshan, Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Insurance: Manish Dubey, ICICI Prudential
- FMCG – Food: Varun Berry, Britannia
- FMCG – Beverage: Nadia Chauhan, Parle Agro
- FMCG – Home Care: Ajay Dang, Godrej
- FMCG – Personal Care: Samir Singh, Hindustan Unilever
- Auto – Two-Wheelers: Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter
- Auto – Passenger Vehicles: Randhir Singh Kalsi, Maruti Suzuki
- Consumer Durables: Ranjivjit Singh, Samsung
- Mobile Devices: Bhaskar Choudhari, Lenovo
- Mobile Services: Srinivasan Gopalan, Bharti Airtel
- E-Commerce: Amit Agarwal, Amazon
- Home Improvement: Amit Syngle, Asian Paints
- Retail: Sanjay Behl, Raymond
Josy Paul, chairman and CCO, BBDO India, was awarded Creative Agency Head of the Year, while Ashish Bhasin, chairman and CEO – South Asia, Dentsu Aegis Network, won the Media Agency Head of the Year title at the fourth edition of International Advertising Association India chapter’s IAA Leadership Awards.
Bharat Patel, former chairman of P&G India, was inducted into the IAA’s Hall of Fame this year. Raj Nayak, CEO, Colors, was named Media Person of the Year.
The IAA Leadership Awards recognises the best efforts in marketing, media and advertising. The awards gala was hosted on 12 March 2016 in Mumbai, with chief guest, union minister of state for home affairs Kiren Rijiju, giving away the trophies.
The awards honours individuals ‘for their incredible contribution in designing path-breaking and high impact marketing initiatives to strengthen their respective brand’s promise and standing amongst consumers’, in different product and service categories.
The list of 'Marketer of the Year' winners is as follows:
Kumar Mangalam Birla, chairman of the Aditya Birla Group, was named CEO of the Year.
A 'Brand Endorser of the Year' award went to Bollywood actor Varun Dhawan.
Rajat Sharma of India TV won the Television Anchor of the Year award, while Sanjay Gupta of Dainik Jagran received the News Editor of the Year title.
Sam Balsara, chairman – IAA Leadership Awards committee, said, “This year, at the fourth IAA Leadership Awards, we have seen some tough competition that has been carried out by teams across industries. The decision-making process has been robust and after deep deliberation, we have finally arrived on the list of winners who have been honoured today.”
Srinivasan K Swamy, president, IAA’s India chapter, said, “The IAA Leadership Awards are testimony of the inspirational work that industry leaders and creative minds accomplish during the course of the year. Today, we are celebrating the extraordinary work and journey of the industry at large from the year gone by. The campaigns have achieved much success in the brand’s positioning and perception.”
Top news, insights and analysis every weekday
Sign up for Campaign Bulletins
3 hours ago
Co-founder and CEO of Propaganda is CEO of new entity
4 hours ago
Watch the film conceptualised by FCB Ulka here