If you haven't yet checked out the industry timeline we're constructing at 40th.campaignasia.com—in honour of 40 years covering the industry in Asia—now is a good time. We just released the 2000s section of the timeline, which means you can journey through the industry's evolution from our origins in 1974 almost up to the present.
In addition to headlines and milestones, we've also added more than 50 videos to the timeline, all examples of great work submitted by leading agencies. Peruse the 2000s, 1990s and even 1980s to view these wonderful ads.
Here's a few choice selections to entice you (to find them, go to 40th.campaignasia.com and navigate to the specific year):
- 2009: 'Barriers' for Airtel by Rediffusion Y&R India.
- 2008: 'Together' (Beijing Olympics) for adidas by TBWA.
- 2007: 'Tan Hong Ming' for Petronas by Leo Burnett Malaysia
- 2007: 'Crocodile birds' for Dentyne by McCann Thailand.
- 2006: 'Just do it: Cane' for Nike by Wieden+Kennedy Shanghai.
- 2005: 'Husky girls' for Ajinomoto Stadium by Dentsu.
- 2002: 'DJ' for Spy Winecooler by Saatchi & Saatchi Thailand.
- 1991: 'Campaign Against Drinking and Driving' for KOBACO by Cheil Worldwide
- 1984: 'Lalitaji' for Surf Excel (Hindustan Unilever) by Lowe Lintas India.
We're still adding items to the timeline, as well as new feature articles relating to the last 40 years and the next 40 years. Please join us at 40th.campaignasia.com.
The article first appeared on Campaignasia.com