Campaign India Team
Nov 11, 2021

Quint Digital to acquire 100% stake in Quintillion Media

Also acquires a 47.92% stake in Spunklance Media

Quint Digital to acquire 100% stake in Quintillion Media
The digital news media company, Quint Digital, has announced an acquisition proposal of a 100% stake in Quintillion Media. In addition, it has also acquired a 47.92% stake in Spunklane Media. 
If this agreement is closed, the digital news media firm will be responsible for the authorised stakes of Quintillions business media operations, digital offerings, Quintype Technologies and YKA Media. 
The business deal is at a total consideration of Rs 24.5 crores, subject to necessary closing adjustments. The compensation will be discharged by Quint Digital on a negotiated basis. 
5% of funds will be shared on closing the deal, whereas the remaining 95% will be shared within 12 months, after the deal is secured. 
A legal nod has been received from the board of directors, subject to customary closing upon conditions and approvals. 
The proposed acquisition is a related party transaction and is subject to the approval of the shareholders under the applicable provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 and SEBI Listing Regulations, to name a few. 
Ritu Kapur, co-promoter and CEO, Quint Digital, said, "The proposed acquisition of stakes in QBM, SMP and YKA will give Quint Digital the double edge advantage of synergising across news platforms as well as diversifying across demographics and geographies, bringing a larger community of readers/viewers into our fold.  QBM’s acquisition will add the most valuable learnings in running a successful premium subscription platform as the world gets ready for the rapid growth of reader revenues.  The expansion of audiences across various websites and new-age social media platforms makes us the way and away from the largest pure-play digital news/information group in the country.  It will close to double our group revenue base, giving us size and clout in the new digital media space.  
She added, "QTIPL brings to us cutting edge capabilities in media tech, which is a critical strength in today’s burgeoning growth in digital content.” 
Campaign India

Related Articles

Just Published

1 day ago

Republic Media Network elevates Mohit Dhamne and S ...

Mohit Dhamne has been named as the chief financial officer and S Sundaram has been elevated to director of strategy for the network

1 day ago

Want to demonstrate the value of our audience to ...

As Spotify Audience Network launches in India, Kristiana Carlet, Brad Grealy and Arjun Kolady, shed light on how the audio-first marketplace intends to bridge the gap between audiences, creators, and advertisers

1 day ago

Havas acquires majority stake in Singapore-based ...

The agency will become H/Advisors Klareco upon closing, and will be the launchpad for the long-term APAC expansion of Havas' strategic communications advisory arm, H/Advisors

1 day ago

X-rated Musk burns bridges with concerned advertiser...

Ad chief Linda Yaccarino attempts to clean up after public tirade