The One Club, producers of the One Show Awards and Creative Week, has announced that it has established an international board of directors for the first time since its inception.
Nine new members from eight different countries have joined the list.
India is represented by Prasoon Joshi, executive chairman and CEO McCann World Group India and President – South Asia.
According to a statement issued by the organisation, the new board member's selection was based on three overriding criteria: Individuals must be prominent international creatives, they must be respected leaders in their given fields, and they must exert tremendous influence in their respective regions.
Kevin Swanepoel, president, The One Club and a South African transplant, (New York), said, “With over 21,000 One Show entries from 63 countries last year as well as programs in Europe and Asia, The One Club is more international than ever before. Although we already have several Board members with international backgrounds, including our chairman, José Mollá, who began his career in Buenos Aires, we believe that to maintain our international expansion it is critical to have Board members representing The One Club based in key markets where we are seeing a lot of growth.”
The new board appointments also consist of:
· Ross Chowles, creative director at the Jupiter Drawing Room in South Africa
· Nizan Guanaes, chairman, Grupo ABC in Brazil
· Naoki Ito, CEO, creative director, PARTY in Japan
· Ije Nwokorie, CEO, Wolff Olins, United Kingdom
· Anna Qvennerstedt, copywriter, senior partner and chairman of the board of forsman and Bodenfors in Sweden
· Dean Sciole, managing director, TBWA\Hakuhodo in China
· Götz Ulmer, executive creative director, Jung von Matt in Germany
· Stéphane Xiberras, président, Directeur de la création de BETC in France