- Ajit Mohan, president, Novi Digital Entertainment
- Amarjit Singh Batra, CEO, OLX South Asia
- Amrit Thomas, CMO, United Spirits
- CVL Srinivas, CEO South Asia, GroupM
- Kirthiga Reddy, MD, Facebook India
- Prasun Basu, MD South Asia, Millward Brown
- Priya Nair, executive director – home care, Hindustan Unilever
- Rohit Dadwal, MD, Mobile Marketing Association Asia Pacific
- Senthil Kumar, NCD, J. Walter Thompson
- Shireesh Joshi, head – strategic marketing, Godrej Group
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma, founder and CEO, One97 Communications and Paytm
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), a global trade association for the mobile industry, has announced its first India board of directors.
D Shivakumar, chairman and CEO, PepsiCo India, will chair the board, which comprises 11 other members.
Shivakumar said, "The Indian market is brimming with great opportunities for mobile media and marketing. The MMA India board of directors brings together some of the best practitioners and minds in marketing, advertising and media, and our collective experience and expertise will hopefully propel the market to quickly adopt mobile marketing as a mainstream medium.”
He added, “Our board members have identified key areas where our immediate focus is needed. These initiatives will facilitate sharing insights, creating industry benchmarks and guidelines that will help marketers leverage mobile as core to their business and marketing strategies.”
Dadwal said, "Mobile continues to push India marketers to re-think the way they approach marketing and use data and technology to engage with consumers. The conversation has shifted towards how we can build capabilities and further help the ecosystem to leverage mobile.”
Board members have commenced work on initiatives focused on research, measurement and education, across voice, text and data, informed an MMA statement.
Top news, insights and analysis every weekday
Sign up for Campaign Bulletins
12 hours ago
Watch the films conceptualised by Leo Burnett India here
15 hours ago
Watch the films conceptualised by Dentsu Webchutney here