Cannes Lions has announced being open for entries. As reported earlier, the Creative Data Lions category has been introduced for 2015 in addition to expanding the Innovation Lions category into a two-day Lions Innovation Festival.
The deadline for entries is 27 March.
Commenting on the addition of Creative Data Lion, Philip Thomas, CEO, Cannes Lions, commented, “We’re committed to being at the forefront of the industry, which means reflecting trends and at times spearheading them. The Creative Data Lion is an embodiment of those principles. Insights from data are a powerful driver of creative solutions, so it’s imperative that this be recognised and celebrated at the Festival. But we are the first global creative awards to do so, which means we are also championing the role data can play in creativity.”
The category came into being based on the suggestions of a committee comprising of ‘data specialists, awarded senior creatives, technologists and the wider marketing community’, informed an official statement.
Thomas added, “Their unique insights and contributions have allowed us to carve out a credible, forward-thinking entry section that meets the needs of a progressive, innovative industry.”
That entry section includes 11 sub-categories encompassing the most creative uses of data and will showcase work where this has been at the core of an idea.
Other changes introduced include:
- The Innovation Lions have been expanded into two sub-categories – Innovation Technology and Creative Innovation – to celebrate brand-aligned ideas and standalone technological solutions.
- Creative Effectiveness Lions eligibility has been increased to shortlisted and award winning work from the last three years.
- Senior industry experts will assist entrants in developing their submissions through the launch of a Creative Effectiveness Advisory Scheme.
- Product Design Lions eligibility has been extended to work from the last two years.
- Shortlisted and winning entries in Lions Health and Lions Innovation categories will count towards the Cannes Lions Special Awards including Agency of the Year, Independent Agency of the Year, Network of the Year, Regional Network of the Year and Holding Company of the Year.
More information on categories, rules and entry fees can be found at www.canneslions.com.
Top news, insights and analysis every weekday
Sign up for Campaign Bulletins
6 hours ago
The long-term consequences of Apple’s privacy shift will be complex, experts say