ASCI’s secretary-general Manisha Kapoor named VP on ICAS’ executive committee
To play leadership role till 2023
May 12, 2021 04:54:00 PM | Article | Campaign India Team Share -
The Advertising Standards Council of India’s (ASCI) general secretary Manisha Kapoor has been appointed to the executive committee of the International Council for Advertising Self-Regulation (ICAS) as vice president. Set up by the European Advertising Standards Alliance in 2008, ICAS is a global platform of self-regulatory organisations (SROs). Kapoor will be one of the four vice presidents on the executive committee.
In her role as part of the ICAS leadership team, she is tasked with taking the self-regulation agenda forward globally. Some priority areas of ICAS for the next couple of years are:
- To promote advertising self-regulation as an optimal mechanism for consumer protection
- To strengthen ICAS as a global alliance
- To facilitate knowledge sharing among SROs to establish best practices
- To support emerging SROs across the globe
- To monitor global trends in the advertising ecosystem that impact self-regulation
- To work closely with established and emerging digital platforms to make the online space more transparent and fairer for consumers
Until April this year, ASCI served on the executive committee as a member for a two-year term. Now, Kapoor will play a leadership role on the committee till 2023.
Kapoor said, “This appointment is a recognition of ASCI’s growing global standing and influence in the narrative of responsible advertising, as well as the importance of Indian advertising industry itself at a global level. This offers us a chance to exchange learnings and best practices. With the Indian advertising industry evolving fast and digitalisation boosting growth, ASCI’s leadership of the ICAS executive committee will add new perspectives to the agenda of responsible advertising.”