Devote this weekend in reading up on the genesis of these big retail giants.
1) It Happened in India: The Story of Pantaloons, Big Bazaar, Central and the great Indian consumer by Kishore Biyani
2) Made in America by Sam Walton
3) Leading by design - The IKEA Story by Ingvar kamprad
4) Pour Your Heart Into It: How Starbucks Built a Company One Cup at a Time by Howard Schultz
5) Like No Other Store: The Bloomingdale's Legend and Revolution in American Marketing by Marvin Traub
6) Built from Scratch - How a Couple of Regular Guys Grew The Home Depot from Nothing to $30 billion by Bernie Marcus and Arthur Blank