Type of agency: Media
Key Personnel: Ravi Rao, leader - South Asia, M A Partha Sarathy, leader - business planning, South Asia, Alok Sinha, leader – invention, South Asia, Chanchal Chakrabarti, leader - client leadership, South Asia, Ashok Lalla, leader – digital, South Asia
Account won: Tata Steel, Dr. Ayurveda, Asatsu Dk (Bridgestone), BPTP, Travelocity.com, Dhathri Group, Hotel Leela, Leading Point Technologies, Nourishco Beverages(Pepsico-Tata JV), Pepsico (Digital, Business Planning [BP], Experiential), GSK (Digital, BP, Experiential), Unilever (Experiential, Branded entertainment), Ford (Digital, BP), Aditya Birla Group (Digital, BP, Experiential, Branded entertainment), Lenovo (Digital), ICICI (Digital), Godrej & Boyce (Digital, Branded entertainment, Experiential), HSBC (Experiential, Branded entertainment), Kellogg’s (Digital)
Account lost: None reported
Mindshare has maintained its good run this year with a mix of sizeable account wins, talent acquisitions and award recognitions. While the agency managed to generate business from existing key clients like Pepsi, Unilever, Lenovo, GSK, Ford, etc by adding on their digital or experiential marketing side of businesses, the agency has also increased its portfolio with new clients. Mindshare was Agency of the Year at the Emvies for the fourth time consecutively.
How Campaign India rates the agency: 9
How Mindshare rates itself: 9
Mindshare India’s revenues grew by 26 percent and profits by 25 percent. Our performance in 2011 was on the back of many pathbreaking initiatives:
- Embedding paid digital services as a part of core planning and buying service resulted in 66 percent growth of paid digital revenues
- Launching Dialogue Factory, an ‘experiential & rural marketing’ practice, led by industry veteran Dalveer Singh, leading to ‘new’ revenues of almost Rs 5 crores across seven clients and 10 projects.
- Providing the range of owned and earned digital services across search, social, mobile and digital creative to our top ten clients making Mindshare the largest digital agency in India with over Rs 150 crores in billing (20 percent of Adex)
- Driving Mindshare’s state-of-the-art online marketing dashboard – client, retail audit, brand health, media and online buzz, resulting in Rs 22 crores revenue in 2011. Our work includes market-mix modeling, demand forecasting and search analytics across six of our top 10 clients including Unilever, Pepsico GSK & Ford.
- Empowering client leaders through restructuring in moving from office P&Ls to client cluster P&Ls
- Instituting regular client feedback mechanism.
- Introducing Mindshare Premier League, an inter-cluster competition where 16 client clusters.
- Training of 50 percent of our staff over 1,600 hours of formal training.
- Being the most awarded media agency, winning 100 awards in 2011.
- Being named “agency of the year” four years in succession (Emvies) by our fraternity is affirmation that our initiatives are leading the industry.