Five entries from Australia and three from India are among the 18 cases 'longlisted' for the Warc Prize. Entries from China, Vietnam and New Zealand complete the strong showing from the region, which accounts for a majority of the cases (11):
- Naked Communications Melbourne’s 'Overstay checkout' campaign for The Art Series Hotels
- Mindshare India’s campaign for Hindustan Unilever titled ‘Kissanpur: Where tomato ketchup grew tomato farmers'
- Metro Trains Melbourne's campaign 'Dumb ways to die' from McCann Australia (which also just won four gold awards at the Festival of Asian Marketing Effectiveness)
- Lifebuoy’s campaign 'Saving lives with soap' by Lowe Lintas & Partners, Mumbai
- ‘V/Line: Guilt Trips’ by McCann Australia
- 'Seduction in a bottle’ for Slice from Mindshare India
- 'Little Treasures’ for Ecostore by Naked Communications, Auckland
- Tiger Beer's 'Blue Christmas' by Leo Burnett/M&T
- Twix’s ‘Pause’ campaign in Australia from Starcom MediaVest
- Kmart’s ‘Can you feel it’ from Forethought Research
- McDonald’s ‘Real Time Olympics’ from NM Digital in China
The panel of 15 judges, chaired by Howard Draft, executive chairman of Draftfcb, will award the prize to the case study that best demonstrates effective innovation based on a written submission scored on a five-point criteria. The winner will be announced in June.
Last year, Rom, the Kandia-Dulce-owned chocolate bar campaign from BCMcCann Erickson was awarded the prize.
The article first appeared on Campaign Asia