- Return the money that is owed to agencies by way of IT, GST refunds and dues from Government and PSUs for advertising bills to be settled immediately.
- Any payment made to agencies should not suffer any TDS deduction going forward, since there is unlikely to be any significant profit for the year.
- Banks and debtors provide the much needed cash flow to pay salaries and meet other essential expenses, etc.
- Treat advertising expenses as an investment and have this cost amortised over the next three years. This will encourage larger advertising outlay which will help revive the economy faster.
- Advertising expenses could be given weighted deduction while computing taxes. The suggestion is that every Rs 100 spent on advertising, should be treated as Rs 200, while computing the taxable income.
Top news, insights and analysis every weekday
Sign up for Campaign Bulletins
To launch in India soon
‘The Next Normal: The Rise of the Contactless Economy' study looks at impact of a contactless world on consumer behaviour
KarmaLab will offer workshops and insights for brands from Reddit users
The author suggests that the Government of India could also reach out to companies that have large rural outreach to help carry vaccine messages on their packaging