- Girish Agarwal (director, Dainik Bhaskar Group)
- Vikas Agnihotri (director sales, Google India)
- Prasun Basu (president – South Asia, Nielsen)
- Harish Bhat (director, Tata Global Beverages)
- Madhusudan Gopalan (CEO, Procter & Gamble Hygiene and Health Care)
- Sandeep Kohli (executive director and VP, Personal Care Hindustan Unilever)
- Prof S.K. Palekar (adjunct professor and advisor, executive education, Institute of Management Technology)
- N.S. Rajan (MD, Ketchum Sampark)
- Abanti Sankaranarayanan (former vice chairperson, CIABC)
- D Shivakumar (group executive president, Aditya Birla Management Corporation)
- Umesh Shrikhande (CEO, Taproot Dentsu)
- K.V. Sridhar (founder and CCO, Hyper Collective)
- Sivakumar Sundaram (president revenue, Bennett Coleman & Co)
Rohit Gupta, president, Sony Pictures Networks, has been elected as the chairman of The Advertising Standards Council of India.
Subhash Kamath, managing partner, BBH India has been elected as vice-chairman while Shashi Sinha, CEO, IPG Mediabrands takes on the mandate of honorary treasurer again.
The board of governors include:.
The outgoing chairman D Shivakumar, said, “ASCI is a voluntary job and a board led organisation. When I set out last year as the chairman I had three objectives laid out. The first was to increase our membership base, the second to go digital and third to create awareness among consumers. Now thanks to the MIB directive our awareness has increased immensely, our WhatsApp number has seen a 3X increase in daily messages. We have increased our member base by 10 per cent, our new members representing e-commerce, food & beverage, automotive sectors joining ASCI. ASCI’s digital marketing campaigns would further boost awareness as well as compliance. I wish Rohit and the board the best for the year ahead.”
Gupta, said, “I am honoured to accept this role and look forward to the year ahead. With the inclusion of the internet into our everyday life and the constant evolution in the digital space, I feel that synchronising ASCI’s efforts in the Digital space will be our key focus for the year. The Council has covered a lot of ground in addressing the need for self-regulation in the digital medium and work is progressing rapidly to address that need. Additionally, we will continue our efforts to strengthen relationships with stakeholders in the year ahead.”
Top news, insights and analysis every weekday
Sign up for Campaign Bulletins