Snapchat has released a report on the Gen Z audience in India and their online behaviour patterns.
It highlights the digital trends, shopping behaviour patterns, and core values of India's Gen Z.
These trends aim to help advertisers and marketers understand how Gen Z is redefining the shopping experience. It also gives marketers an outlook on what this target audience expects from brands.
The four key areas explored in the study, include identity, communication, commerce, and connection.
The research also details the top five values for Gen Z, stating how 77% of them want to have fun, whereas 71% care about their health and well-being. The remaining values of the value pie chart comprise accomplishing goals, making money and being creative.
The report stated that finding purpose in relationships and brands is core to a Gen Z audience.
Highlights of the report:
- 60% believe in embracing their true self and want to explore their identities, despite pressures of expectation
- 77% believe that they get stronger and grow from challenges
- 88% seek positive spaces and environment
- 7 in 10 members use visual communication to get a more personal connection
- 73% of them feel that AR experiences are more relatable as it gives a personalised experience
- 95% of Indian Gen Z are interested in using augmented reality (AR) for shopping
- Before purchasing a product, this generation gets inspired, tries on products via AR, and consults with friends and family
- 92% are interested in using AR to try on makeup or clothes
- 7 in 10 plan to spend more time connecting in person with their friends and family than before the pandemic
- 86% of respondents agree that connecting with close friends is the simplest way for them to feel happier
- 80% of them value taking action for the collective good
Gaurav Jain, head, APAC, business expansion, Snap, said, "Gen Z is an interesting and evolving segment with very distinct characteristics and the ability to influence how we communicate, connect, and consume. Over the years, we have observed how they have come to appreciate and rely on tech-backed, visually-driven connections for communication, self-expression and commerce – something that the 2022 Gen Z report reinforces. They are a growing force to be reckoned with, and we are confident that brands will see an opportunity in investing in this generation. At Snapchat, we have long believed that the camera can and will do incredible things to enhance our lives. This is why we have intentionally centred Snap around AR and the camera to empower our community to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.”