Chimp&z Inc’s #AaoPlayKare campaign for Tata Play
Chimp&z Inc designed a campaign that would not just make a splash on social media, but also create a long-lasting impact in the minds of the customers
Sep 09, 2022 09:47:00 AM | Article | Partner Content Share -
One of the most successful campaigns of recent times has been the rebranding campaign of Tata Play, which was formerly known as Tata Sky. The brief to Chimp&z Inc was to design a campaign that would not just make a splash on social media, but also create a long-lasting impact, such that the new brand name was well registered in the minds of the customers.
With an idea to provide a unified experience, ‘Tata Play’ along with Chimp&z Inc, its digital AOR, launched a social media campaign #AaoPlayKare. The key message ‘Tata Sky is now Tata Play' was communicated across social platforms by utilizing Tata Sky’s market position. The brand-agency duo collaborated with an army of influencers to cement the name change and also establish Tata Play as the one-stop entertainment source that allows viewers to watch both live TV and OTT content with just one subscription.
- In the first phase, the aim was to establish the new brand name across various social media platforms with a playful social media strategy that aids in the amplification of the new brand identity.
- For the second phase, the focus was to create a buzz about the new addition of Netflix Combo packs on Tata Play by collaborating with macro-influencers for the same.
- The last phase of the campaign was to bring attention to Tata Play Binge Combo Packs which offers 14+ popular OTT apps along with linear TV.
- With three key objectives to emphasize, the overall approach of the agency focused on conveying these messages without impeding each other.
- The primary execution plan was to rope in a selective set of influencers that had strong influence among their target audience to spread the word about the campaign. However, to maintain the consistency of communication, the influencer videos were scheduled in various stages to draw the required focus on each message. The videos were released over the course of a week.
- The first group of influencers emphasized the name change of the brand in a way that it gets ingrained in the public’s mind. Influencers began to swiftly shift the focus on the presence of Netflix with Tata Play followed by the Tata Play Binge’s combo offer of 12 OTT apps.
The intention was to instill the name change along with a total brand overhaul among the audience. For which the campaign witnessed active engagement on social media with the support of 15 celebrities & 200+ macro, micro, and nano influencers who communicated the message in their unique ways. It garnered a massive reach of 3.8 crore users and a total of 4.6 crore views on the reels.
Commenting on the successful execution of the brand transition campaign, Angad Singh Manchanda and Lavinn Rajpal, founders, Chimp&z Inc, said, “It was a challenging task for us to come up with an idea that would best communicate the new brand name, Tata Play to the customers, and create optimum buzz and engagement around it online. With the help of Chimp&z Inc's digital PR wing, 'Chimpfluenz', we onboarded 15 celebrities & 200+ fan-favorite influencers who conveyed the news of the brand transition with intriguing reel videos. The two-month long influencer-led campaign was undoubtedly a one-of-a-kind project for our team, delivering quantifiable results.”