- Nakul Chopra, Publicis Communications India, and president, Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAA’s of I)
- Ajay Chandwani, Percept
- Ajay Kakar, Aditya Birla Group.
- Ashish Bhasin, (chairman Goafest 2017), Dentsu Aegis Network
- CVL Srinivas, GroupM
- MG Parameswaran, Brand-Building.com
- Nagesh Alai, Independent Business Advisory, C4A
- Partha Sinha, McCann Worldgroup
- Pradeep Dwivedi, Sakal Group
- Shashi Sinha, IPG Mediabrands
The Advertising Club and Advertising Agencies Association of India have announced the Awards Governing Council for the Abbys at Goafest 2017.
Ramesh Narayan, founder, Canco Advertising, has been elected as the chairman of the council for the second consecutive year.
Other members elected to the council are:
Raj Nayak, president, The Advertising Club, said, “We are pleased to announce that Ramesh Narayan will be the chairman of the Awards Governing Council of the Abbys for the upcoming 2017 edition of Goafest. Under his leadership Goafest 2016 emerged as a huge success with increase in participation and highest standards of ethics and governance. We are sure that with once again taking on the reigns of the awards, he will take this key industry event that is the gold standard in advertising awards, to greater heights”
Chopra said, "It is great to once again have Ramesh in the driver’s seat of the governing council. His experience of leading multiple industry bodies and awards gives him great perspective and foresight to be able to drive excellence, in the judging and execution of this year’s awards.”
Narayan said, “The Abbys are the Oscars of Indian advertising. The Awards Governing Council has a wealth of experience and expertise and I feel privileged to lead such an august panel. It will be our endeavour to engage actively with all constituents and ensure that creativity is properly judged and celebrated.”
Top news, insights and analysis every weekday
Sign up for Campaign Bulletins