The 38th FIPP World Magazine Conference will be hosted in India for the first time from 10-12 October 2011 at Hotel Leela Kempinski, New Delhi. The grand opening reception will be held on the evening of 10 October at the Hotel Taj Palace, and concluded by a gala evening at the Kingdom of Dreams in Gurgaon on 12th October.
The two-day congress will include several sessions spearheaded by leading names of the industry. Few of these are:
- e-Publishing: How tablets are re-inventing the future of magazine media
- The social media phenomenon: How magazine brands can benefit.
- Magazine media innovation in a 360˚environment.
- The changing face of retail
- Paid content and paywalls, and emerging markets
- The future of international magazine brands in a 360° media world
- B2B publishing: Keeping the community engaged in a 360° environment
- Editorial challenges and opportunities in a 360° environment
- What advertisers want from magazine media
Till now, the organisers have listed 50 confirmed speakers. Some of the prominent names are Ashish Bagga, chief executive officer, India Today Group; Kalli Purie, chief executive officer, India Today Group Digital; Chris Johns, editor in chief, National Geographic; Didier Guerin, chief executive officer, Media Convergence; Kevin Costello, Haymarket Media; Nicholas Brett, deputy managing director and group editorial director, BBC Magazines; amongst several others.