Draftfcb Ulka's Cogito Consulting & Asterii Analytics release ‘India in 2061’ Report
The report highlights some important scenarios that will help build brands for not just the next few years, but well into the next 50
Mar 02, 2012 03:25:00 PM | Article | Campaign India Team
As a finale to Draftfcb Ulka Group’s 50th year celebration, Cogito Consulting and Asterii Analytics have released a report on what India could be like in 2061. According to the Group, the report has been prepared after consulting “reports from over 150 sources, more than 1000 pages of data, talking to experts, economists, academics”.
The Group says, “Coming from the context and belief that brands have a potential for immortality and last well beyond brand managers and sometimes even companies and owners, it may be necessary to plan for brands well beyond just the next 3-5 years. The supplement highlights some important scenarios that will help build brands for not just the next few years, but well into the next 50. And create ‘BrandWealth’ in the true sense.”
A few highlights from the ‘India in 2061’ report:
- From a predominant rural population today, urbanisation will lead to rural population constituting to about 43% of the total population.
- Average life expectancy to go up to 79 years and number of senior citizens to grow from 8% to about 24% of the population.
- Within the next 10 years, literacy levels are projected to jump to 95% with almost complete literacy achieved by about 2030.
- Internet penetration will touch 92.7% with over 1592 million users.
- Per capita income will be up to Rs. 11,63,000 from the current Rs. 37,000.
- There will be an estimated 319 million four-wheelers and 573 million two-wheelers making a total of 900 million vehicles on the Indian roads.
- Number of air travellers will double every decade and touch 860 million in 2061.
- Televisions are expected to achieve a 97% penetration with over 50% homes boasting of multiple TV sets.
- Ad spends are expected to grow to Rs. 33 trillion by 2061 and contribute a wholesome 1.5% of the GDP.
- The movie industry across India will produce about 2234 films in 2061 i.e. more than all the Hindi movies produced between 1961 and 1991 in India
Click here to download the report. The knowledge piece is also available on www.cogitoconsulting.com under ‘Insights and Publications’.