Delegates wishing to attend the 58th International Festival of Creativity, to be held in Cannes 19-25 June 2011, can now register online at www.canneslions.com.
Delegates can select a 3-Day, 4-Day or Full Registration package, providing access to over 50 topical seminars, 20 educative workshops, screenings, exhibitions, four award ceremonies and two galas.
Some of the new features of this year's festival are:
- Alongside the shortlist exhibitions, delegates will also be able to view all the entry videos for all shortlisted entries across all categories, if supplied, which will be screened in the Palais des Festivals in Cannes.
- Cannes also launches in 2011, a special exhibition of painting, photography, sculpture and other forms of art produced by creatives in the communications industry in their spare time.
- A Cannes Lions iPhone, iPad and Android-Compatible App will shortly be available. Features will include the Festival Programme, a Cannes map, live winners updates, full social media integration, news, photos and videos, and Cannes Connect.
- Cannes Lions has launched an MBA level programme specifically targeting young marketers and brand managers working within a client organisation. Sponsored this year by Wunderman, the aim is to provide a better understanding of the relevance and importance of creativity and its positive impact on brand communications. With the numbers of clients visiting Cannes Lions increasing year on year, this structured week-long learning programme at Cannes hopes to "integrate tomorrow’s brand leaders with some of world’s best creative advertising and people".
- As well as benefiting from reduced accommodation rates at a wide range of hotels, residences, serviced apartments and villas, registered delegates can also take advantage of discounted rates and special deals on helicopter transportation, on member airlines of Star Alliance, airport transportation, bars, spas and restaurants. Further information can be found by viewing the Delegate Special Deals section featured on www.canneslions.com
The online networking tool, Cannes Connect, which helps delegates to get in touch with one another before arriving in Cannes, facilitating meeting-up with other like-minded people during the Festival, is currently available to use by both 2010 and 2011 delegates. From April, only 2011 delegates will have access.
After the launch last year, both The Cannes Creative Leaders Programme, a two-week training initiative in conjunction with the Berlin School of Creative Leadership that takes place in Berlin and Cannes in June for industry executives, and "How to Cannes", where newcomers to Cannes Lions can maximise their experience by attending one of the daily morning talks by a Cannes Lions veteran and Festival official, will continue to operate in 2011.
"Cannes Lions has become a unique event, offering learning, inspiration and networking as well as a celebration of the best in global creativity," comments Philip Thomas, festival chief executive officer. "It reflects the changes in the communications industry and I have no doubt that the 2011 Festival will once again be full of exciting new work, new technologies and new types of people, all contributing to what Cannes Lions is: the opportunity to frame the shape of the industry in the coming 12 months."
Submission of entries for the awards will be accepted online from January 27, 2011. For further information and to register to attend the 58th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, visit www.canneslions.com