Tata Group to merge all airline brands under Air India

Aims to merge the Vistara brand into Air India by holding a 74.9% stake by March 2024

Nov 19, 2022 02:04:00 PM | Article | Campaign India Team

According to media reports, Tata Group has planned to consolidate four of its airline brands Air India, Vistara, Air India Express, and AirAsia India, under Air India. 

 

The airline brand was taken over by Tata earlier this year in January 2022 and is now known as Tata Air India after it won the bid from its competitors in October last year by investing USD 2.4 billion. 

 

Reports claim that Tata and SIA have agreed to merge Vistara into Air India by March 2024. After the merger, Tata will hold a 74.9% stake, and SIA will have the remaining 25.1% stake. 

 

Prior to this, Indian Express reported that AirAsia India was merged to become Air India Express. This consolidation aims to be completed by the end of 2023.