This week's Adland Rockstar: Kainaz Karmakar, AVP and senior CD, JWT India
1. Why did you get into advertising?
It took an ad to get me to love advertising. While turning the pages of a magazine, I came across a long copy ad for a bike. Immensely inspiring, it resolved my long-drawn conflict - love for words versus love for money. Except on the few days when I’m writing out my rent cheques, I’ve never regretted the decision.
2. What is it that you like best about your job?
I do what I love and get paid for it.
Almost everyone here has a great sense of humour.
The best part, however, would be that the job can make me happy, sad, angry, baffled, but never bored.
3. If you were stuck in a desert island, what is the one thing that you would like to have with you?
Sunscreen - the cream as well as the song.
4. Who is the one person in advertising that you would like to have dinner with?
Some of my closest friends are from advertising and quite honestly, I’d rather have dinner with them than anyone else.
5. Who is the one person outside of advertising that you would like to have dinner with?
Woody Allen - am curious if he can be as funny, outside of his books and movies.
6. What's the worst the thing about the job?
Work is great. It’s the ‘re-work’ that often sucks.
Read about last week's Adland Rockstar, Malvika Mehra, here.